Summer weather in Justin can be rough. But you don’t have to pick between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility expenses. We’ve assembled some tips to make it simple.
The greatest thing you can do to stay comfy and sustain energy efficiency is by servicing your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® suggests keeping your system working at its best and efficiently, and Pepper AC & Htg Inc is able to make that simple. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll complete the following tasks suggested by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to ensure safe operation of your system and the opportunity of a longer life for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as need be. Dirty coils require your system to run harder to do its job.
- Check system controls to make sure of accurate and safe operation.
- Inspect refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to ensure correct system airflow.
Another crucial piece to keeping cool is regularly checking your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter may raise energy bills and damage your equipment, which could lead to untimely failure. Our Pepper AC & Htg Inc pros will look at these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations to arrange your own schedule to change them out.
Here are a few other tips to keep your home cool and energy-efficient:
- Inspect thermostat settings to ensure your air conditioner keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are gone.
- If it’s cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let nature cool your home for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to retain the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Take advantage of fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a little higher than you routinely would without feeling any changes in your comfort level.
- Another style of fan people often forget about when they’re working to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make certain to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to remove the heat and humidity from your home.
- Work to not leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven put heat into your home, but even everyday activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like extra ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give Pepper AC & Htg Inc at call at 940-202-1184 or request an appointment with us online.