As we get deeper in to November and the temperature begins to fall, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to flip on the heat. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with the cold swiftly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when the time comes to replace your furnace, how do you know which option to choose between an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a shout at 940-202-1184 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Offer more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be in question, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t waver in giving Pepper AC & Htg Inc in Justin a call at 940-202-1184. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.