Generally, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
. Contingent on a lot of factors—like your home’s location, how many pets you have, and how frequently your air filter has been replaced, to name a handful—you may adjust your air duct cleaning
more or less regularly. So, how can you know for sure when it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? There are absolutely some revealing signs when it’s time.
Look for these clues:
- Are your cold air returns caked with dust or pet hair?
- Is there an obstruction within your cold air return vent?
- Are your registers blowing out dust?
- When you gaze inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet fur?
- Have insects or rodents nestled in your ductwork?
- Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
- When your vents are fully opened, do any have not as much airflow than others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s most likely time to ask Pepper AC & Htg Inc in Justin about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
There are a couple things you can do to help keep your ducts cleaner and extend the amount of time between expert cleanings.
Above all, schedule regular HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Pepper AC & Htg Inc. A maintenance check of your furnace each fall and your AC each spring, which should consist of inspection, and prospective replacement, of your air filter, will help keep your HVAC system operating well, and should help keep your ducts clean.
You can also chat with the team at Pepper AC & Htg Inc about installing an air purification system. We provide the Lennox PureAir Air Purification System, Healthy Climate Carbon Clean 16 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate 11 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration System and Healthy Climate UV Germicidal Lights.
Other actions you can take include:
- Frequently dusting and vacuuming your home.
- Examining your air filters routinely and replacing them when the manufacturer recommends changing them. Most filters will display dust on them after a short time in service, but they may not require replacement.
- Sealing drips in air ducts that let dust to enter from areas like your attic.
- Trading poor or broken air-duct insulation.
With an expert air duct cleaning and some preventive measures, you can help keep the air in your Justin home clean and healthy. Give the experts at Pepper AC & Htg Inc a call at 940-202-1184.