Just like you need to take your car in to the shop for normal tune-ups, such as oil changes or looking at possible problems, your home comfort system should be subject to the same kind of attention. Scheduled maintenance by a skilled technician provides various benefits to your HVAC equipment, which can help your systems work efficiently and prevent costly breakdowns.
Contact Pepper AC & Htg Inc at 940-202-1184 to get a comprehensive quote on replacement equipment.
Two-stage heating permits the furnace to heat at two levels of output: high for cold winter days and low for mild ones. Around 80 percent of the time, your homes heating requirements can be met when the furnace is left on the low setting, enabling your two-stage unit to operate for longer periods of time. Two-stage units also provide more even heat distribution, fewer temperature swings, quiet operation, increased air filtration and energy efficiency.
Pepper AC & Htg Inc has a selection of brands and models that are more efficient than ever and make it easier to find the best match for your home. There are innovative systems that make heating or cooling your home more automatic, functioning similar to cruise control to make minor adjustments to help meet your comfort demands with energy efficiency. You can reach us at 940-202-1184 to learn more about the technology we offer.
Depending on how old your previous furnace was, you could experience a host of differences. Furnaces today are created to give more even and efficient heating than ever before. Modern furnaces also better regulate temperature and air flow, moving more air over the heat exchanger than older furnaces.
Additionally, new furnaces are crafted to work with other high-efficiency HVAC products, such as air conditioners. The air conditioner blowers give your heating system an extra boost so it can deliver cool air around your home efficiently. Special features like variable speed motors will also help decrease noise associated with operating your equipment and easily meet your family's airflow needs.
The Department of Energy recently boosted the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units created after Jan. 1, 2015, since heating and cooling contributes significantly to a homes total energy usage. The requirements vary by region, so call Pepper AC & Htg Inc for the efficiency standards for Justin.
Pepper AC & Htg Inc carries a number of HVAC products with high-efficiency ratings, which can help reduce the amount of energy they require to operate. Aside from picking products that have received Energy Star® certification or achieved high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, you might consider the following:
- Making certain that your system receives routine maintenance by a trained technician can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only targeted areas of your home, so you wont have to pay to heat or cool spaces that you aren't using.
- Installing a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you want when you're home and increase or decrease the temperature while you're not around, helping you save on heating and cooling costs.
Pepper AC & Htg Inc is well-known in the Justin area and you can rely on them to provide quality home comfort products. We carry a variety of innovative and high-quality products. We are dedicated to offering customers high-quality service and will make sure you find the appropriate solution for your home.
Improving your home's indoor air quality starts with four basic strategies:
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home filled with air pollutants floating around. So, to increase IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least weekly, frequently washing linens and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is good for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it harder for airborne pollutants to escape. We have products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and routine cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs and removing particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help stop particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
We suggest that you meet with one of the technicians at Pepper AC & Htg Inc and have them assess your home and current indoor comfort system. We can help you choose which equipment will be best suited to meet your needs.
Lots of homeowners believe that air conditioners make it cooler in your house, but it actually removes the heat from your home, directing the hot air outside. That hot air moves across a cold indoor coil where refrigerant in the lines sends the heat to the coil in your outdoor unit, releasing it outside. This procedure continues until the indoor temperature reaches the temp that was set on your thermostat.
Due to the high amount of energy used by heating and cooling systems, the Department of Energy (DOE) hiked up the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2015. These levels are determined regionally and carry varying requirements based on your location. Pepper AC & Htg Inc can help answer any questions you may have regarding these minimum requirements and let you know what choices are available when you're looking for a replacement system.
These numbers are located on a nameplate or sticker that is near your systems service panel. The sticker is white with black letters and have both of these numbers located around the top of the sticker. M/N denotes model number while S/N is your serial number.
There are a couple ways to determine what size system is the best fit for your home, but the most reliable way to size a system is by having your local Pepper AC & Htg Inc technician come out and perform a load calculation. This calculation considers your homes: square footage, insulation value, amount of insulation, and a handful of other factors.
The short answer is Yes, because dirt and other debris can hinder your systems ability to work efficiently. For heat pumps, it is normal to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but they also are built with defrost controls to ensure they work efficiently in that type of weather.
Two-stage cooling means that your cooling unit has two levels of operation. When summer is in its hottest weeks, the high setting starts up, and when its cooler or more mild, it operates on the low setting.
Most of the time, the lower setting will take care of your cooling needs, but even when the high setting kicks in, you may not realize it because it can produce such even temperatures for your comfort. This also means a quieter cooling system, greater efficiency and enhanced humidity control.
When your cooling unit freezes up, there are a couple of reasons why it could be doing so. The most frequent reasons include: dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporative coil and a faulty blower motor or relay.
A dirty filter is something you can fix as a homeowner, but the others need to be fixed by a professional like those at Pepper AC & Htg Inc. Contact them at 940-202-1184 with any additional questions.
Identifying the best thermostat for your cooling system comes with a lot to think about. Thats why its nice to have such a wide variety of choices from Pepper AC & Htg Inc. Whether you're searching for a programmable or non-programmable thermostat or want to join the smart home trend, there are various thermostats that you have to choose from. Some thermostats will depend on what type of heating and cooling system you have, but the team at Pepper AC & Htg Inc will be able to help determine what options fit your needs and your budget.
Heat pumps can be a little confusing due to their name, but they actually take care of both your heating and cooling needs year-round. When its hot outside it operates like an air conditioner in that it removes heat from your home, but when it cools off, the process gets turned around and it collects heat from outside and brings it inside. Heat pumps are also very efficient, and could produce up to two or three times more heat than the energy it uses.
Of course we advise you to also replace your indoor system, but this is why:
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are designed to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren't paired with the other unit as a complete system, efficiency may suffer.
- As with most products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These developments most importantly include greater heating and cooling efficiency, but also consist of improved air handling, filtering and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old normally need to be replaced. Not only do they feature outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than todays models. Buying a new indoor unit at the same time means you'll have a matched system to provide you with better comfort and efficiency for years to come.
The communication module on your home energy system might send the system's performance records for each module to a website. You can visit this website to learn more about the system's status, energy production and environmental benefits. The site also displays carbon offsets as it happens.
In most regions, rain will be enough to keep the solar modules clean. If you are located in a dusty or industrial area, periodically spraying the modules with water could help improve performance. However, detergents and high-pressure hoses should never be used to rinse solar modules.
The best thermostat for you depends on your heating and cooling equipment. Pepper AC & Htg Inc offers programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats that can help increase the efficiency of your HVAC systems. View our available products or contact us at 940-202-1184 to learn more.
Heating and cooling can make up a significant amount of your utility bill. The innovative and high-efficiency heating and air conditioning products available from Pepper AC & Htg Inc can help decrease these costs. If you're searching for a new heating or cooling system, look for products with high SEER ratings for air conditioners and AFUE ratings for furnaces. SEER and AFUE are a measure of system efficiency, and the greater the number, the more efficient the product. Besides purchasing a new home comfort system, think about these additional factors:
- Is your system typically maintained? Whether it's a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will work more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Do you need a zoning system? If there are areas in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Does your home have a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may lower your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.
Zoning equipment gives you the the comfort of sectioning areas of your home and control the temperature differently in each room. Zoning tends to be best for when you have parts of your home that are rarely used or when you and your family are often in disagreement of how hot or cold it ought to be inside. Zoning systems are quiet and efficient, giving you more control over the comfort of your house. Find out more about the zoning systems available from Pepper AC & Htg Inc.