Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Justin during the winter time, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Pepper AC & Htg Inc will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is necessary and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Pepper AC & Htg Inc at 940-202-1184 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.