Whether you like winter or desire the warmer months in Justin, many of us make adjustments to make sure our home’s temperature keeps us cozy. This can have a huge impact on your utility costs, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Assess the weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that should be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your home warm. Keep them open while the sun is still shining throughout the day, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it needs to be switched out. We suggest at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also save you money! You can set temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Check to see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will verify that your system is working effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—despite your efforts to enhance efficiency—it might be time to look for a replacement heating system. An expert at Pepper AC & Htg Inc can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Pepper AC & Htg Inc in Justin a call to start down the right path. You can reach us at 940-202-1184 or schedule an appointment with us online.