It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or scrolling Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be taken advantage of for simple conveniences like realizing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically alter the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been discussed quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a host of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the greatest savings possible. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you like to know when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to inform you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a host of perks that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to set up air conditioner service. Pepper AC & Htg Inc in Justin has a number of thermostats to select from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 940-202-1184.