With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can cut a large amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could significantly heighten your expenses and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Pepper AC & Htg Inc expert perform air conditioning service
at least each year is key to keeping your system operating efficiently for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is running properly and can identify possible issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may harm your system and leave you needing big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they may obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any aspect of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or changed during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also be sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer offers. Give the pros at Pepper AC & Htg Inc a call at 940-202-1184.