Having routine air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Justin season, have the experts at Pepper AC & Htg Inc conduct your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a usual air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Check for correct airflow in the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We recommend checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Pepper AC & Htg Inc today at 940-202-1184.